Monday, September 10, 2007

Why The Wiki?

Quick answer: Because a few of you have never played Dungeons and Dragons.

Quick answer, part 2: Because there is no book to read that will describe the world in which your characters live.

Quick answer, part 3: Because I'm making this up as I'm going along and so I'd kind of like to have some record of it. Call it a history of the world, or a guidebook to how things work in the game, I see an Aversill Wiki as an integral journal to what has made it so far into the game world.

What I think this Wiki will essentially cover are the geographical, political, racial, physical, and all other details of the game world. I want to have brief descriptions of what your characters would probably know by virtue of simply having lived lives in Aversill--information which you yourself most likely will not know.

Lastly, I want to make this a kind of record of what you all have accomplished. This is a world that is being built around five players as we play. The world is interesting, sure, but I think we would be remiss if we didn't offer the position of prominence to the character quests and actions that spring that world into existence.

No comments: